PNG Ports Graduate Development Program (GDP) is implemented on bi-annual basis as part of the company’s workforce planning interventions, aimed at: recruiting, developing, and maintaining relevant university graduates, particularly those Papua New Guinean citizens who lacks sufficient work experiences, from recognized tertiary institutions both in Papua New Guinea and Overseas. The fundamental objective for the GDP is to train and develop future managers and leaders of the organization. The GDP is an eighteen (18) month long intensive professional development program that encompasses training and skills development avenues, mentorship by successful national and non-national professionals, with possible permanent employment after the successful completion of the program.
Graduates engaged under the GDP will go through a process of formal induction, training, and job rotations. Job placement after the program is subject to graduates’ performance during the GDP tenure and the business needs of the organization.
PNG Ports Graduate Development Program is committed to;
- Building its human resource capacity in order to keep pace with social, economic, and technological changes.
- Provide employment opportunity to fresh graduates.
- Help student develop professionally in their respective careers
- Contribute to human resource development in PNG
Graduates eligible to participate under the GDP must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 years,
- Be citizens of PNG,
- Have completed a degree program within the last two years and/or in final year and are eligible to graduate at a recognized tertiary institution within PNG or Overseas,
- Be employed in other organizations with a degree from a recognized tertiary institution, but under casual or internship arrangement,
- Have excellent academic results,
- Have not been convicted of any summary or criminal offence,
- Have clean disciplinary records,
- Have good character reference and/or required attitude with high moral standards.
- Have sound learning attitude and ability
The GDP provides employment and professional development opportunities for graduates who have studied in, but not limited, to the following disciplines:
- Business Management, Economics and Commerce;
- Building, Drafting & Civil Engineering;
- Media & Communications;
- Human Resources;
- Social Studies